Sunday 31 October 2010

Does Jesus love teenagers?

I like Sunday mornings, it's the only morning that the Alarm clock isn't in use. Now I'm not really a morning person, but as long as I get a bit of time to wake up I'm fine. Seven year olds doing cannonballs are definitely a no no. During the week I'm all right as long as no one messes with my 14 minute routine. I'm up and out the door and awake somewhere up the A13. So why is it that every radio alarm clock has 2 alarm settings, but only one uses the radio? The other is that phenomenally annoying high pitched buzzer thing. Why can't we have two alarms BOTH using the radio? It's not too much to ask for? We put a man on the moon 41 years ago, come on fellas pull your finger out. The wife has the buzzer thank god, I have to go down stairs to confront burglars and any other noises in the night. It's a fair trade.

This was the best Sunday of the year, the clocks went back and we had an extra hours lay in plus our youngest son (the one who gets up at 6:30 every morning) was at a sleep over party at his friends. I will never have one of those things, 6 under 8's all up until 2:00am and back up at again at 6:00am, over my cold dead body. So the day started well and peaked at some fine bacon sandwiches. After that it was a spot of washing up, a bit of a tidy up around the house and then fixing the bathroom shelves.

At noon it was half marathon training pre-training part 2. This time, distances were set, routes agreed and clearly communicated. This meticulous planning meant we stayed on course. 41 minutes and 4 miles later we were home, dishevelled but still able to evade the proverbial axe murderer. I think from now on I'm going to use that as my measurement of tiredness. So today we were a level 4, that's able to evade, but only if the axeman was overweight and a smoker.

So Sunday is god's day, the day of rest and prayer or some shit like that (guess my feelings on this from just those16 words), but I can't see how this Christianity thing ever took off, I mean look at the 10 commandments, 8 things you're not allowed to do, not very positive and for teenagers that's just red rag to a bull. Be nice to your mum and dad, again that's out for anyone under 20 and finally remember the sabbath, get real it's on the calender and it comes round every week, we're hardly going to forget it in that time. It's just a rubbish users handbook to a chancer's religion, anyway men don't read manuals everyone knows that. Perhaps all priests should be women they do detail so much better than us mouth breathing males. Women don't do interpretation there is only one way, THEIR WAY.
In the evening we went to the Harvester, the restaurant chain with the all you can eat salad trolley, good food, but offering as much salad as you like doesn't seem right, I can't quite put my finger on why though. It was my Nan's birthday and everyone had had their fill by the end the main course, but we all had a desert, obviously. Contented we all waddled home and I'm sure that's just about it for the rest of the night all round.

No comments:

Post a Comment