Thursday 4 November 2010

Darling what's this knife for?

So the Tuesday night installment of our epic half snickers training went off without a hitch, no strange injuries, no dog attacks and no unexpected course changes. 3.7 miles to there and back again and at the end of it a quick lie down in the street to recover enough energy to get through the front door. And as I refer to my AWM (axe wielding maniac) fatigue chart, I see that once again it's a level 4 result. The local nutter with a hatchet needs to lay off the B&H and get a little exercise of his own. All in all not bad I suppose, it's only been a week of training  Hopefully at some stage we will be able to do some exercise without the need for paramedic cover.

That was pretty much it for Tuesday night, just a bit of time on the PC, a bit of gaming and checking out Facebook. How did we ever survive without Mr Zuckerberg's little creation, apparently I've 130 friends. I don't remember having that many cards on my last birthday and if the number is right I'm going to get a serious amount of socks at Christmas. We will return to facebook in some depth at some stage, but not today.

Wednesday was a strange kind of day, there was a tube strike in London (Union blah blah again) and so I worked from home. Now I'd booked Thursday and Friday off as holiday so it felt really strange, you know that feeling you get when you have a long weekend and the second Sunday just aint right or if you go to a family do on a Saturday (should be on a Sunday, I thought everyone knew the rules). Then Sunday just doesn't feel right, it's like going to the cinema during the day. You go in when it's light and come out when it's dark, so as you stream out of the auditorium, wiping the popcorn from every fold in your clothes, you're body feels like it must be nearly midnight. Then you look at the clock in the car and it says 7:20. What I'm saying is having a Wednesfridholiday day plus working from home, to be honest it was a bit of a bore. I like working from home. You can get up later, don't have to shave, work in your bumming round the house clothes, stop working earlier, but still get more done. The downside is you can get a touch of cabin fever and it is nice to meet the odd member of the human race. Strangely I missed the shoplifters and wheel clampers from down down ghettoville. I even missed Mr can I text and change lanes at the same time van driver.

The highlight of my working day was definitely the fresh home made scones that Mrs Average had lovingly prepared. Top notch I must say. We did have some discussions as to whether they were S-cones or S-gones, but all I knew was she cooked them I'll be eating them so that makes whatever she says right. I'm starting to see a pattern in all my blogging and it seems women in general are always right and if they aren't then the clever men let it go and use it as some kind of brownie scoring exercise. On the other hand the not so astute males lose their left testicle in a freak early morning chopping board accident. It's a simple conundrum and I think we all know the answer don't we?

Wednesday evening was particularly normal, the kids were very tired and extremely ratty. Dinner was spaghetti Bolognese which is definitely in my top 5 home dinners of all time. TV was crap, football was on and everyone on twitter was talking about X Factor. So I popped myself in front of the PC and whiled away a few hours killing bad guys, planting bombs and shooting down helicopters. Half way through I paused for Scone number 3, hand delivered to my desk with an accompanying drink. I knew my lack of resistance in earlier female interactions would pay dividends.

The night was finished off by a little TV. I'd recorded Rude Tube on the Sky Plus. This is the combination of 2 of the greatest modern inventions. You Tube and Sky Plus.  Rude Tube is a show that plays you the most popular virals from You Tube, the most entertaining website ever. Anywhere where you can see people making complete arses of themselves, getting whacked in the goolies, what happens when you put Mintoes into Pepsi or that montage to cat accidents (cruel but we all giggle at the one going around on the ceiling fan) gets my vote. The greatest invention ever is Sky Plus, I can not tell you how many arguments, fights or tantrums that box has saved in my household alone. It would create world peace if everyone had one. Whoever invented it should be beatified by the pope at his earliest convenience. Mate you are a legend.

No comments:

Post a Comment